Does Your Home Bakery Require Commercial Insurance?

You love baking, and you’ve decided to start a business making baked goods in your community. In order to protect your efforts, it’s important that you have the right kind of insurance coverage. At Wai Cheng Insurance Inc., serving the Bay Area, CA our team is here to help you rest assured that your hard work and business are protected if the unexpected occurs. 

What is Commercial Insurance?

Also known as business insurance, commercial insurance refers to policies that protect businesses instead of individuals. If you have an official business (beyond baking occasionally for family and friends), it’s important that you work with a qualified agent to find a commercial insurance policy that provides the right amount of coverage for your needs. 

What Does Commercial Insurance Cover?

The specific coverage limits of your commercial insurance policy are individual. Many people with commercial insurance use their policy in the event that their business experiences a lawsuit, an accident, or is affected by a natural disaster that causes them to lose physical property or business opportunities. If you experience one of these events, it’s important that you reach out to your commercial insurance agent to learn whether it makes sense to file a claim. Remember, providing your insurance agent with information does not necessarily mean you have to file a claim–it simply provides you with more information to decide how to move forward.

Call Today To Discuss Your Options

As a small business owner, you know that it’s important to protect your hard work, and we’re here to help. At Wai Cheng Insurance Inc., our Bay Area, CA team is here to work with you to help you find the policies that are right for your business. Stop by or reach out to us today to talk with an agent and learn more.